|cmv no HIV
Jan 28, 2002
I have had cmv for 5 months. I have cmv hepatitis. My liver enzymes have been normal for about 2 months but it seems the virus has now decided to travel throughout my body. I am HIV- and have now been put on valcyte 4 days ago. Doctors tell me I am healthy except for the cmv. I am getting ready to get canned because of being gone from work for so long. Any ideas why my body cannot suppress this virus. Thank You For Your Help!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I can't give you a real satisfying answer here-- some people just handle CMV infection better than others.
OI's and Window Period's
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
- Antibiotics And HIV Testing
- Can PCR Test Result Show False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.