|cmv no HIV
Jan 28, 2002
I have had cmv for 5 months. I have cmv hepatitis. My liver enzymes have been normal for about 2 months but it seems the virus has now decided to travel throughout my body. I am HIV- and have now been put on valcyte 4 days ago. Doctors tell me I am healthy except for the cmv. I am getting ready to get canned because of being gone from work for so long. Any ideas why my body cannot suppress this virus. Thank You For Your Help!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I can't give you a real satisfying answer here-- some people just handle CMV infection better than others.
OI's and Window Period's
- Which Organs Are Affected By Herpes?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Does Male Genital Herpes Look Like?
- What Does An Infected Eye With Chlamydia Looks Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.