Jan 28, 2002
I have recently developed a red nodule on the inside of my lower eyelid and another on the gum between my front teeth. Does KS start like this? I'm female and 16 years pos.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It is possible that these lesions are KS. Women can get KS, although much less commonly than men do. KS can appear anywhere on the skin or inside the mouth or on the conjunctiva (inside of your eyelid). See your HIV doctor who can send you for a biopsy of one of these lesions to see what's going on. Good luck!
- When To Check If You Have Gonorrhea In Your Throat?
- What Percentage Of People Could Be A Hpv Carrier?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.