Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Can I pass CMV to my baby?

I was infected with CMV when I was born. I am 17 now and lead a complelty nromal life with no defects (hearing,eyes) that sort of thing and i was wondering if since my mom came in contact with someone who hade the chicken pox when she was pregnant with me and gave me CMV. When I grow up and decide to have children will I pass this virus on to my baby somehow?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If your CMV infection isn't active, then you are unlikely to pass it on to your baby. (By the way, your mother didn't come into contact with chicken pox and then gave you CMV, she got infected with CMV somehow and the infection was passed on to you. You are lucky to have had no long-term damage from it.)

window period for sickly
Vision