Jan 28, 2002
What exactly is CMV?
If caught in the earliest stages is it treatable/cureable?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
CMV is short for cytomegalovirus, a virus in the Herpes family. It can cause a number of medical problems. In HIV-s CMV most commonly causes a mononucleosis-like syndrome. Once you've been infected with CMV, you have the virus for life. If your immune system is healthy, then the virus will just be dormant, but if your immune system is damaged by HIV or other medical problems, then CMV can reactivate and cause serious illness.
Woman with KS question
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Penis Discharge Sign Of Seroconversion
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Elisa
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.