Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

t-cells near 100 VL below 150

Dear Doctor when I found out I was positive my vl was 757,000 and my t-cells were 7! Now 1 year later the VL is under 150 copies but my t-cells have just broke the 100 mark. I have not had a sick day. ( with all honesty should I expect to have a bump in the road)am taking kaletra and combivir along with Bactrim DS and I feel great, but I get so worried when I read about all the problems other people are having. P S I truly know the lord has favor for me and I would like to ask everyone that read this message to talk to your god and ask him to bless and heal your mind, body and soul.And also please follow your Doctors orders...............

DEAR DOCTOR MAY GOD FOREVER BLESS YOU FOR THE OUTSTANDING JOB YOU ARE DOING FOR ALL OF US.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Please check the answer I just gave to someone asking about histoplasmosis in the Candida & other Fungal Infections section. That answer explains what discordant responses to HIV treatment are-- it sounds like you are another person with a discordant response.

But don't let your slow increase in T cells get you down. The most important thing is the trend, and your t cells are certainly going up, although progresss is slow. Not everyone responds to HIV therapy is the same way-- it takes a long time for some people to fully respond to treatment. Hang in there and be patient!

both partners positive
swollen glands painful?