Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Acute arthritis complications in adults with HIV. Osteomialitis and joint deteriaration

Please HELP! My partner has been sufferring some sort of severe complications with walking (one foot) has caused his inability to walk for the past 4 months, he's been seen by now 3 different Specialist and they all simply can't give him any form of acceptable diagnosis or even guesses regarding what has made this a complete thorn in his side! They just finally gave him some info that may require as the good Dr. said Fusing of the bones due to the lack of or apparent lack of cartilage and due to some deterial action going on. Have you or anyone out there ever heard of anything that may have caused this or anything related to it's causing it? Please help me with any possible answers or better yet possible treatments simply so that I may give some sort of Hope back to my partner! He's been positive for just under 1 yr. and is still having issues accepting that! Thankyou in advance for all and any answers or suggestions reg. my querie.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I can't tell you what is wrong with your partner based on the story you gave; it's not even clear whether this is is HIV-related. I don't know what kinds of doctors he has seen, but I suggest that he see a competent HIV specialist in LA (there are dozens fo them, including doctors at USC, UCLA, LA County and Harbor Hositals as well as private practice HIV docs. Good luck!

CT Scan and Lymph-Nodes
I am allergic of Bactrim