|Can Thrush be transmitted
Jan 21, 2002
Dear Doc Can Thrush be transmitted through sexual contact.? if no does this indicate presence of HIV infection. if yes then does CD4 count has got something to do with it.?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Thrush is not usually transmitted by sexual contact. It MAY indicate HIV infection, but it can also be associated with other immunodeficient states or with recent antibiotic use. When it is HIV-associated, the CD4 cell count is usualy less than 350.
Peri Anal Abscess
CT Scan and Lymph-Nodes
- Are Fever Aches Sleepiness And No Appetite Symptoms Of Aids?
- What Stage In Hiv Do Night Sweats Occur Early Or Late?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Blistering?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Causes Genital Warts To Come Back?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.