|Can Thrush be transmitted
Jan 21, 2002
Dear Doc Can Thrush be transmitted through sexual contact.? if no does this indicate presence of HIV infection. if yes then does CD4 count has got something to do with it.?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Thrush is not usually transmitted by sexual contact. It MAY indicate HIV infection, but it can also be associated with other immunodeficient states or with recent antibiotic use. When it is HIV-associated, the CD4 cell count is usualy less than 350.
Peri Anal Abscess
CT Scan and Lymph-Nodes
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
- Can I Get Std Disease From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.