|Can Thrush be transmitted
Jan 21, 2002
Dear Doc Can Thrush be transmitted through sexual contact.? if no does this indicate presence of HIV infection. if yes then does CD4 count has got something to do with it.?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Thrush is not usually transmitted by sexual contact. It MAY indicate HIV infection, but it can also be associated with other immunodeficient states or with recent antibiotic use. When it is HIV-associated, the CD4 cell count is usualy less than 350.
Peri Anal Abscess
CT Scan and Lymph-Nodes
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore Throat Worried It Could Be HIV
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.