Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV+ & dies 1 year later
Jan 21, 2002

Dear Doc,

My girlfriend tested HIV- in Oct 2000. In Dec 2001 she got sick; cough and vomit whitish bubbles. This coughing would last for about 10 minutes and then she would be fine. She then complained about fast heart beat, breathlessnes and sometimes her temperature would flatuate (feeling cold in hot weather) In Dec 2001 she tested HIV+ and was admitted to Hospital (diagnosis: pneumonia). She was discharged after 2 days but then two weeks later she complained about fast heartbeat and she past away. After a day or two after her death she developed a swollen thyroid gland. What could have caused her death? Is it HIV related? Swollen glands after her death?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I am sorry to hear of your girlfriend's death. Thre is no way for me to know what she dies of-- it sounds like at may have been a severe case of pneumonia, and even HIV- people can die from pneumonia. It makes no sense that anything could have become swollen after her death-- I think the facts have gotten confused about what happened when.

Please accept my sympathies for your loss.

Previous
Gland Problems
Next
post jaundice effects

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.