|Question for the good doctor.
Jan 13, 2002
Doctor, I have two questions. Is HIV-2 and other rare strains like srain O and N commonly found in Southeast Asia? I am from this region and I fear that standard tests cannot detect infection if exposed to these srains. Also, can having co-infection with Hepatitis cause late seroconversion?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There have been no reports of HIV-1 type O and N in SE Asia. Coinfection will not affect seroconversion.
Not TB, What It could be?
Indeterminate HIV Test
- What Underlying Conditions Cause Candidiasis?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- What Can You Use For Burning Vaginal Neuropathy?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Shingles?
- Syphilis And Joint And Muscle Aches
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.