Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

BRAIN SWELLING

I have asked you numerous questions before. I was the one who had the brain biopsy, and it showed nothing. I am improving slowly, and my last mri showed 2 ring enhanced lesions. I have been seeing an acupuncturist for my muscle tone, he is also a chinese herbalist and has been giving me herbs to help reduce the swelling. I have noticed improvements in my voice, and little things like I can curl my tongue again, drink from a can, etc. my question is I was wondering if you knew what I could expect if the swelling is subsiding? I at times get tingling in the area of the brain where the swelling is, I also get slight dizzy spells. these spells only last for a moment. now before you ask, my dr. knows about the herbs, and the herbalist is through the ryan white foundation.

if you don't have an answer maybe you could recommend a site.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your recent MRI should also be able to show whether the swelling is the same or improved. It sounds as if you are certainly experiencing less swelling because your neurologic function is improving. I don't know whether that's attributable to the herbs, the medicines you've been taking, or both. The fact that you get some fleeting symptoms in the area previously affected may mean that there is still a little bit of swelling or that there was some persistent damage to that area from the prolonged swelling. Your MRI results suggest toxoplasmosis (first) and CNS lymphoma (2nd), and I'm assuming you're receiving appropriate therapy, as I don't recall all the details from prior e-mails.

Overall, it certainly sounds like you are doing better, and I'm delighted for you.

Fungus and Sinuses--and HIV?
Doxil and KS