Oct 17, 2000
My sister has pseudomonas pneumonia, what treatments are available. She is in and out the hospital and only existing on IV drips. Please help and suggest is helpful. I thought maybe acupuncture. She lives in Syracuse, New York, I live in New York City.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Pseudomonas pneumonia is a very tough bacterial infection to cure, especially because it only happens in people who are already very sick from some other disease. She needs to get combination (2 antibiotics at once) IV therapy -- I expect she's a;ready been seen by an infectious disease doctor. Unfortunately, acupuncture won't work here.
KNOWN HIV PATIENT WITH DEEP NEEDLE STICK AND INJECTION OF HER BLOOD
- How Long Does Peripheral Neuropathy Last?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Breast Sucking
- Gave Oral Sex Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sharing A Toothbrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.