Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Genital Warts

I have about 60 warts on my penis....this is a severe outbreak over the last year. I had 2 removed by laser surgery 3 years ago but this was painful and was wondering if there is a way to treat this immediately without any pain? I have heard that laser surgery is the most effective way to treat them since it has the highest non-recurring this true. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If the warts are small, they may respond to topical therapy with imiquimod (Aldara). All other possible treatments may be painful. Warts can recur after laser treatment as well -- there is no ideal way of treating them so that won't happen.