The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oct 17, 2000

I posted a ques but have not seen a response on here.I am newly diagnosed and possibly have lymphoma.i have been sweating at night,and have a lymph under my arm and one by my ear.what are the various treatments and best doctors.i have cd4 of 200 and load of 34,000 my email address is ....

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The Centers for Disease Control (and other websites) have listings of places to get HIV-directed care. In order to take the next steps you need to take, you will need to know for certain whether or not you have lymphoma, in addition to your HIV. The standard approaches to HIV-associated lymphoma are to use combination chemotherapy and medications for HIV itself -- what medicines are used will depend on what kind of lymphoma you have and where it is located in your body. You need to start by finding an HIV specialist, who will refer you to an oncologist (cancer specialist) if you do indeed have lymphoma.

Genital Warts

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint