Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

KS or something else?

I have searched and searched the internet for pictures of Kaposi Sarcoma (ie. skin lesions) and I cannot find ANY. I can't really even find much written about it. I just wanted to know if there is anything that might resemble Kaposi Sarcoma in any way, besides a bruise? One of my arms has like 20 spots on it and from what I have read, they appear to be kaposi sarcoma, but I have nothing to compare it to. They aren't raised, they have a purplish color to them, they do fade in color when I apply pressure,and they don't hurt at all. If there is anything else that resembles Kaposi Sarcoma please let me know so I can read up about it.. Thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Bacillary angiomatosis is an infection that can resemble KS. From your description, your lesions may be KS. I advise you to get an HIV test if you haven't done so already, and to see an HIV/AIDS expert or an HIV-experienced dermatologist for a definitive diagnosis. Good luck!

blood in semen
Yeast and Resistance to Diflucan?