Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

blood in semen

Hello. I am 32, male, and I have been HIV+ for nearly two years; my T-cell count is 300 and my Viral Load count is approx. 50,000. I am not taking any medication. The last several times I have masturbated I discovered blood in my semen. The semen, itself, was red. I am wondering if this could be HIV-related...caused, perhaps, by some type of cancer or infection brought on by HIV. I have no pain in my testicles, or with urination, and there seems to be no other symptoms or pain. Have you heard of this before in patients with HIV? Any information would be appreciated; thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I don't think this is HIV-related at all. It may have happened simply from the trauma of masturbation. If it recurs, you may want to get checked out by your doctor.

What are the stages of AIDS?
KS or something else?