Nov 14, 2000
dear doctor, a couple of questions regarding facial dermatitis: 1- is facial dermatitis (around the nostrils) found exclusively in hiv infected persons? 2-what do you recommend to control this condition. thanks for your valuable time and input. best regards.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The kind of dermatitis that you're describing is most likely seborrhea, which is common in HIV+s and HIV-s alike. It will respond beautifully within several days to a topical prescription steroid ointment, of which there are many many brands.
10 Year Latentcy before detection - At A Disadvantage
- Burning Urethra After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.