Nov 20, 2000
How can I tell if my kitten is carriying Toxoplasmosis I recieved her from the humane society shelter in pittsburgh. I know they tested her for other things but I am not sure about Tox. Is there some way I can test her?
Thnks a lot!
I Dont want to get rid of her!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I'm not a veterinarian so I do not know if there is a way to test your kitten's stools for toxoplasmosis. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to wear rubber or plastic gloves when you clean her litterbox and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. Or you could get someone else to clean the litterbox for you. Once your kitten is grown, this will cease to be a problem, since only kittens carry toxo, not adult cats.
PML - A Family Lost and Confused
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.