Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Toxoplasmosis

How can I tell if my kitten is carriying Toxoplasmosis I recieved her from the humane society shelter in pittsburgh. I know they tested her for other things but I am not sure about Tox. Is there some way I can test her?

Thnks a lot!

I Dont want to get rid of her!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I'm not a veterinarian so I do not know if there is a way to test your kitten's stools for toxoplasmosis. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is to wear rubber or plastic gloves when you clean her litterbox and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. Or you could get someone else to clean the litterbox for you. Once your kitten is grown, this will cease to be a problem, since only kittens carry toxo, not adult cats.

Hurting throut
PML - A Family Lost and Confused