|Blood urine and high lymphocytes,triglycerides
Nov 27, 2000
Thank you very much for your works here!
I'm a 33 man and was infected in July 1998, and my lymph nodes in neck and groins have been swollen since Feb of 1999. In the my area I live, no doctors specializing in HIV. So I have to get help from you.
I just did a health screen, which indicates something abnormal. My CT4 are 1230, CD8 is 1190. Following are some data of health screen:
1.1 White Cell differential count Lymphocytes is 42.2%(ref. range 15-41%), absolute is 2.19.
2. Lipid Screen
2.1 Total cholesterol: 199 (ref. range 110-220 mg/dL)
2.2 iglycerides:355( ref. range 0-160 mg/dL)
3.1 Blood: Positive + (ref. range Negative)
3.2 Protein: +(ref. range Negative)
4. Urine Microscopy
Red blood Cells: 20-25(ref. range 0-5/HPF)
What I want to ask are :
1. do you think the abnormal testing results are caused by HIV or other opportunistic infections?
2. Based on the above testing results, do you think my situation is very serious now?
3. Do I need to take anti_HIV therapy immediately?
Thanks! I'm looking forward to your response!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Based on your results, it is not urgent that you start HIV meds now. In terms of your general health, you might want to eat a diet lower in fat because your triglycerides (a form of fat in the blood) are high, and you definitely need some follow-up for your abnormal urine results, although I don't think this is likely to be related to your HIV infection. It is not normal to have blood and protein in your urine, and this indicates that your kidneys are not functioning normally. Any internist or family doctor can help you sort this out. Good luck!
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.