|How long do bloodborne diseases or communicable diseases reside on surfaces?
Nov 27, 2000
How long do communicable diseases(blood borne pathogens such as AIDS or Hepatitis) reside on surfaces, like in a medical setting were mucous or blood is exposed on surfaces or instruments??
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It depends on the pathogen (germ). Viruses, which depend on human cells to reproduce and survive, last the shortest time, typically measured in hours. Some bacteria that can form spores may survive for many years.
Lymphopenia always diagnostic?
- How Long Does Hiv Aids Survive On Surface?
- How Long Does Hiv Last On Surfaces?
- How Long Does Hiv Survive On Surfaces?
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.