|Lymphopenia always diagnostic?
Nov 27, 2000
Med School student here, a recent posted question brought up Lymphopenia and decreased wbc count. Am i right in saying that are other causes of lymphopenia (certain cancers, other unknown infections, etc) and that HIV isnt the sole cause?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Yes, HIV is not the only possible cause of lymphopenia. On the other hand, lymphopenia is a hallmark of HIV infection because it is ubiquitous in HIV-infected patients.
How long do bloodborne diseases or communicable diseases reside on surfaces?
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Get Cancer From A Std?
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
- Can Other Blood Work Tell You If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.