|Thrush,million plus viral load, Tcell 4 ??
Nov 27, 2000
My brother has all - is there any hope?? Or will only comfort care be appropriate?? What would be a normal course of action from his doctors? Signed, a loving sister and last surviving relative. THANK YOU!!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
You don't say whether your brother is receiving combination therapy for HIV, but even people with high viral loads and low T cells have benefitted from HIV treatment. The best thing you can do is to urge your brother and his doctors to aggressively pursue combination treatment that contains one or two protease inhibitors. Don't give up, and good luck!
Folliculitis/lice? Told it was eczema
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.