|Thrush,million plus viral load, Tcell 4 ??
Nov 27, 2000
My brother has all - is there any hope?? Or will only comfort care be appropriate?? What would be a normal course of action from his doctors? Signed, a loving sister and last surviving relative. THANK YOU!!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
You don't say whether your brother is receiving combination therapy for HIV, but even people with high viral loads and low T cells have benefitted from HIV treatment. The best thing you can do is to urge your brother and his doctors to aggressively pursue combination treatment that contains one or two protease inhibitors. Don't give up, and good luck!
Folliculitis/lice? Told it was eczema
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.