Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

RE:gonorea thru oral sex

Dr.F

Why can you get gonorea by recieving oral sex but hiv does not seem to be transmitted this way? On the safe sex forum, and the hopkins site they say that even though this route is theoretically possible for hiv "it does not happen in the real world". I then asked Dr. Fransico on the fatigue forum and he said he agreed with this but I do not understand how you can get gonorea this way.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Different germs have different means of transmission; gonorrhea is caused by a bacterium, and HIV is a virus-- these are very different kinds of germs. Also, not all germs are equally contagious to others. Gonorrhea is more contagious than HIV, that is, it is easier to get gonorrhea from a single sexual contact than it is to get HIV.

Second opinion
Neurological symptoms caused by opportunistic invections?