Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

severe skin problems (re: july 17)

I'm still going back and forth with my condition. After the head of the Dermatology at the VA could not figure out what was wrong they send me to a monthly case review board by local area dermatologist and they thought that my condition was Hypersensitivity due to the Bactruim. They gave me a shot of Kenlog 40 MG, and protopic. This seems to have helped with the intesity of the problem. After 3 months my face is back to where it was when I started, but I'm still having problems with sun sensitivity due to the protopic. I now use Linda Sy Zinco cream after applying the protopic, but my face still breaks out and is always pink in color. The dematology clinic can not give me a clear answer to my condition because after seeing 20 to 25 different derm's they do not know. Anyhow, can you recommend a real doctor and dermatologist in the Miami area who seems to care about the patients and knows what they are doing. I got health coverage from work now and do not have to rely on the worthless health care provided by the Miami VA. Please help.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I recommend that you try the HIV Clinic at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. They have extensive experience dealing with HIV and HIV-related problems, and can hopefully send you to a dermatologist who can give you satisfaction. Good luck!

CMV negative, what does it mean?
TB question