Jan 3, 2002
Are mono-like symptoms first, or is mononucleosis itself a symptom?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Mononucleosis is an infection marked by a number of symptoms, such as sore throat, fever, and swollen lymph nodes. New (acute) HIV infections can look very much like mono, because the two infections can cause the same kinds of symptoms. I hope that untangles it for you.
CMV negative, what does it mean?
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.