Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Diving, HIV and possible infections

Hi, Heres an different question, i am planning to dive the great barrier reef in oz, for this i need a medical, but i don't want to disclose my status unless i have to for fear of any discrimation either from the dive doc or the dive centre. Dose HIV exclude me. I have a high cd4 count (500+) and good viral load 18,000. Also do i risk any infections from diving? I am completely in the dark here and advice can't be found else where.And can't see my doc as i am away from home. I hope you can help and put my mind at rest. thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Don't worry about the infectious risks of diving-- I don't think you are at any enhanced risk. Dive safely and enjoy yourself!

HIV and Warts or Herpes and My meds
gonorhea thru oral sex?