Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

See MD for sinus infestion?

Hi, I am recently diagnosed and my numbers are very good (CD4-1297, VRL-72). My question is, do I need to see my HIV MD everytime I have a bad cold? I feel stupid calling him since my numbers are so good and presumably I've had the infection for years and have managed to rebound from every other illness. Thanks so much for an answer, this website has been such a wealth of information for me, it is so appriciated.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You do not need to see your doctor for every little thing that pops up and is self-limited (goes away-- eventually-- on ots own). You should however, seek professional advice when you do not get better within the usual timeframe.

tonsils
Lymphoma and HIV