Please clarify

I need your help . I had an exposure (which was very low risk oral sex receiving and massage) . I took a series of tests Heps A,B,C/HIV/STIs etc at 3months.All -ve. After 6 months December 2001 HIV was -ve ,Heps B and C were negative .However Hep A Igm and Igg was positive . I had taken one on July 28th 2001 for Hep A acute Igm which came out -ve that time but now it has come +ve Igm and Igg on december 2001 .My doctor says something like i dont have to worry about it ,i dont have Hep A and when july test ws done it ws checked for Active stage Hep A . I am scared to death and feel i might have contracted from the exposure and i had delayed late for antibodies . Do i have to worry about HIV/Hep B and C ( i have tested -ve at 6 months for them and have done HIV PCR RNA as well -ve) .Do you think Hep A anitbody might have delayed my Hep B/C and HIV antibody.please answer!!!!.Can i have unprotected sex with my wife now !!!

Response from Dr. Fried

I assume that the massage part of the exposure was not the part that you were worried about?

The timing and the exact testing you've had done are not clear. Generally speaking: The incubation for hepatitis A is approximately 1 to 6 weeks. If you have since remained negative for anti-HAV IgM then you have not contracted acute hepatitis A (which would be very rare from your description, anyway). If your doctor felt that you had contracted acute HAV, your family would have been advised to get immunoglobulin shortly after the diagnosis. Anti-HAV-IgG is positive in people who have been previously exposed to hepatitis A. In addition, this disease does not become chronic so even if you were exposed, it is most likely completely gone from your system.

If all your HCV and HBV testing has remained negative beyond 6 months, then you did not contract HCV/HBV. Once again, HBV VACCINE is a good idea and would minimize the risk of acquiring HBV through sexual contact in the future. Of course, there are no vaccines foe HCV or HIV, so the type of "massage" you describe is still potentially risky.

HCV blood in cut
Vacination HCV? HBV?