2nd TIME, PCR IS NEG- CAN I BECOME INFECTED AGAIN?

I am a drug user, I was tested and came up positive for HCV. I then had a PCR Test which came back NEGATIVE. My doctor said I cleared the infection on my own, that 15% of us clear the infection. So does that mean if I ever share a needle again with my boyfriend who is HCV positive I can get it again- or am I forever immunized against it since my body rid itself the first time? Please help? Thank you

Response from Dr. Fried

If the anti-HCV antibody test was positive, but the PCR test is repeatedly negative over a 6-12 month period, then it is likely that you were one of the lucky ones to clear HCV infection on your own. HOWEVER, it appears that you can still get reinfected with HCV from continued iv drug use. You and your boyfriend need to enroll in a drug treatment program immediately to help you stop this deadly habit.

Role of liver function tests
HCV blood in cut