Low white cell count

I have HIV and have low white cell count. I'm worried about how my low count will be affected when I have to take interferon and ribavirin for my hepatitis c?

Response from Dr. Fried

Treatment of hepatitis C in someone infected with HIV is an area that is being studied very intensely. In general, interferon-based treatments do lower white blood cell counts, although rarely into a range that is low enough to contribute to infections. Studies are underway to find the best way to manage low white blood cell counts, sometimes with the use of another drug such as Neupogen that increases WBC.

Should we go back on treatment???
Role of liver function tests