seroconversion

I had a sexual encounter which I strongly believe exposed me to HIV and Hepatitis, as I believe it may have inadvertently involved blood to blood contact. Over four months after the incident, I came down with pneumonia and thrush. I have tingling in my hands and a slight pain on the right side of my chest, below ribcage. I vomited bile one morning, and have a rash on my cheeks and neck. My liver ALT levels were slightly high (72), but antibody tests for HVB and HVC antibodies returned nonreactive. Also, three separate HIV antibody tests returned non reactive. All the antibody tests were conducted while I had thrush, (immunosuppressed?) but about five months since possible exposure. Should I do PCR for HIV and HEP? Would simultaneous co-infection HIV/HEP greatly delay window period for antibodies? Thanks for your advice.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is possible that the antibody tests may be delayed. The PCR for hepatitis C and HIV is nearly totally accurate. If you are worried, by all means get the virus tests. Good luck! DTD

symtom stages
Should we go back on treatment???