The Scrotum & AIDS

Dr. Dietrich, About 5 days ago I had vaginal & anal sex with a prostitute. Fortunately I used a condom at all times and it did not break.

However, during the course of the sexual encounter she performed oral sex after I had penetrated both her vagina & anus. During oral she licked my scrotum on about 4 or 5 occassions (after she sucked the condom on my penis). I did not notice any cuts on my scrotum and I have no STDs.

That night I suffered from night sweats. There has only been one night that I did not have to change my shirt during the course of the last 5 nights. I'm scared.

Could I get night sweats from HIV this early on or is this just a result of my anxiety? Also, what are the risks of the virus passing through my scrotum considering that the scrotum is very sensative?

PLEASE respond because I can't concentrate on life. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

That does not sound like much of a risk at all. There is really no data, but if the condom stayed on, there should be nothing to worry about. Anyway the sweats are caused by anxiety if they started on the next night not HIV. If you are worried get tested, but that is not a risky behavior. DTD

Pregnant with Hep C
Surgery risky?