Pregnant with Hep C

I am 20, five months pregnant and discovered I have Hep C. I am scared to death about my health and my baby. Where do I start and is there any hope for a healthy baby?

Response from Dr. Fried

First start with discussing the hepatitis C with your health care provider, he/she can help evaluate the current status of your liver and provide more counseling for you about this important issue. It will be reassuring to you that the risk of transmitting hepatitis C to your child is very small. Because of this small risk, there are no specific recommendations for changing any birth-related practices. Again, it would be important for you to inform, and get additional information, from your pre-natal care specialist.

Hemochromatosis
The Scrotum & AIDS