Pregnant with Hep C
Dec 10, 2001
I am 20, five months pregnant and discovered I have Hep C. I am scared to death about my health and my baby. Where do I start and is there any hope for a healthy baby?
Response from Dr. Fried
First start with discussing the hepatitis C with your health care provider, he/she can help evaluate the current status of your liver and provide more counseling for you about this important issue. It will be reassuring to you that the risk of transmitting hepatitis C to your child is very small. Because of this small risk, there are no specific recommendations for changing any birth-related practices. Again, it would be important for you to inform, and get additional information, from your pre-natal care specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.