Dec 6, 2001
I'm from Portugal, therefore I would like to know when the Hepatit C's vacine would be avaiable on the Portuguese market? And what's the vacine name? Thank you for the attention.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Thereis no vaccine for hepatitis C as of yet. Many people are working on it, but it is difficult. The problems seem even more difficult than making an HIV vaccine. I saw Michael Houghton speak recently, the discoverer of hepatitis C who is working on the vaccine problem and he estimated that it would be ten years before the vaccine for hepatitis C is available to the public.
Finger Cracks/Hep B
- Will Genital Warts Eventually Go Away And Not Flare Up Again?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.