Liver Biopsy & HepC

What if a person test positive for hepC, but refuses to do the liver biopsy, Is treatment still possible or available?

Response from Dr. Fried

Liver biopsy is not absolutely necessary to be considered for treatment for hepatitis C. However, it does provide the best information on how much damage was done to your liver in the past and also gives some idea about the likelihood of progression in the future. So this information can help both you and your doctor understand your disease better. Virtually all my patients tell me that the ANTICIPATION of the biopsy is much, much worse than the biopsy itself, which is over in the blink of an eye.

am I at risk and should I tell the man in my life now
Hepatitis B Vaccination Shot Series Interuption