My Results

Hello, I am 32 yrs old, and my question is. I have been noted to have Hepatitis B in nov.2,1999. My liver function test was normal and they said that my hepatitis exacerbation has steadily improved. My HEB. B Surface Antibody is Negative,and My HEB., HEB. B Surface Antigen is Repeatedly Positive, but the Reference Range Negative,and Neutralization is confirmed, and the Reference Range is Negative. Iy is now Nov. 2,2001. I wouild like to know if I am cured or am I immune or am I contagious? I haven't had any treatments yet, should I get some? Please help me,I am worried and afraid to die.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You will need to repeat the tests now,to see what changes in serology you have.If you cleared the virus ,you will have HBsAb positive and you are immune.Ig you still have viemia,HBsAg,you will need the hepatic tests,e antigen and antibody,and possibly PCR and liver biopsy to decide if you will need or not therapy.

PCR test and HBV status
scared