|PCR test and HBV status
Nov 25, 2001
Dear doctor, I have a few quick questions for you: 1) Is it hard to get the PRC DNA and RNA tests for HCV and for HIV? Are the procedures long? 2) How much does each of the tests cost? 3) Is chronic Hepatitis B as serious as chronic Hep C? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The PCR tests for HCV and HBV are obtained from a blood test.The procedures are only done at specialized laboratories,so your lab.will send the test,to a Reference Lab.The test is costly,but again this varies a lot.You can have the test from a University lab.for$120-150,and from private labs. from $200.-400.
Pegasys vs Peg Intron
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.