|Tests to rule out Hep B
Nov 25, 2001
I am from third world and do not have access to many tests about Hep A,B,C. I am vaccinated for Hep B 3 shots in interval of 6 months later I took one more booster shot after about 4 months from my last one.
Is there any simple tests which can show I am immuned to Hep B or I am still not immuned or have Hep B disease?
Like that I had my 1st shot for Hep A vaccine. I am waiting for the 2nd one.
So please tell me a test for Hep B to rule out my case. Thanks
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The only test you need to check for immunity, is HBsAb.If the test is positive, the vaccine was effective.
HVC infection & time to treatment.
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.