|Worth waiting for Pegasys?
Nov 25, 2001
Is the rate of cure higher with this pegilated interferon? If possible is it worth waiting for it? Thank you
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The reported sustained cures with Pegasys -RBV are higher.If it is worthwhile to wait?.It will depend on many factors;Are you a cirrhotic ?,YES;Are you genotype 1 with high viral load ?,YES;Are you genotype 1 with low viral load ?;probably NO,as Peg-Intron will be about the same;Are you a non-responder?, probably,YES;Are you HIV coinfected,YES;Are you genotype 2 or 3 ? NO;you can use Rebetron and it will be the same.Are you concerned about the side effects?YES,Pegasys has less side effects.
HEPITIS B CONTACT
- Are Black Spots A Symptom Of HIV?
- Are Herpes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.