|CAN THIS RULE IT OUT
Nov 25, 2001
I took two Hep C PCR tests through doctor two months apart. Both were non detectible. The lower threshold on the test was 600 copies. Is there any way that I can have less than 600 copies?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
The chances of a detectable virus load after two tests,2 months apart, is almost insignificant.HCV is a virus that replicates at the level of 10 to the 14(exponential),so you should expect viremia to be detected rapidly with the sensitivity of the available tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.