|The Future Hep C
Nov 25, 2001
I am getting ready to start treatment, and I was wondering what is down the line in Hep C treatments. I realize the Peg is state of the art, but if it doesn't work, what does the future hold for Hep C treament?
Response from Dr. Fried
Pegylated interferon plus ribavirin will likely be the best treatment regimen for the near future. Over the next 3-5 years, it is likely that drugs will be developed that specifically target some of the enzymes required for HCV replication, a strategy similar to the great advances in HIV therapy. Some of these types of drugs for HCV are in very early clinical trials.
Hepatitis B tests
- Sore On Mouth During Seroconversion
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.