The Future Hep C

I am getting ready to start treatment, and I was wondering what is down the line in Hep C treatments. I realize the Peg is state of the art, but if it doesn't work, what does the future hold for Hep C treament?

Thank You

Response from Dr. Fried

Pegylated interferon plus ribavirin will likely be the best treatment regimen for the near future. Over the next 3-5 years, it is likely that drugs will be developed that specifically target some of the enzymes required for HCV replication, a strategy similar to the great advances in HIV therapy. Some of these types of drugs for HCV are in very early clinical trials.

tattooed lady
Hepatitis B tests