Hepititis c and plasma

Prior to 1985 I worked at a blood bandk .. I worked as a clerk.. I was in charge of going thru boxes of plasma bags and doing inventory on them.. Alot of the bags leaked and I constantly had exposure to liquid... could I have been exposed to C in this way.... I have been pondering thinking and thinking how I could have been exposed to this virus and this is the one time frame that after reading many articles stands out the most

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The plasma of positive cases may have millions of viral particles,in each cc of volume.Contact with this plasma,certaingly can be a source of infection. This could be possible if not following the standard rules for management of blood and lood products as, not using gloves,specially if there were cuts or lacerations in the hands,and not cleaning the working surfaces or materials. It is my knowledge that blood banks use strict safety measures when dealing with blood or plasma,not only for thesake of the recipients,but also for their staff.

hepatitis c
Re: Diagnosed HCV at 10 Weeks