|Peg intron or Pegasys?
Nov 23, 2001
I've recently started the peg-intron-rebitol combo. Should the Peg not work for me is there any data that reveals the new Pegasys drug, due to be approved next year, provide me any hope of eradicating the virus?...My Dr tells me I'm genotype 1a with mild to moderate scarring on my liver.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
There is no data of Peg-Intron/RBV non responders with Pegasys.The data on Peg-Intron/RBV in genotype 1,is sustained responses of 41%,vs.46% with Pegasys/RBV.If you have high viral load,the response may decrease,and Pegasys may be an alternative. Good luck!!
false positive for hepatitis c
kissing and recieving oral sex
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Macrobid Cure Chlamydia?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Pricking Tingling Symptoms On Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.