Pegylated vs. Pegasys

I have just found out that I have had hepatitis C for 25 years. My genotype is 1A and my viral load is 850,000 and my Alt is 14. I have the opportunity of taking either Paegylated or Pegasys both with Rabivain. Which drug would be better for my condition? Also, what is the difference between Pegylated and Pegasus for the treatment and the side effects of hepatitis C?

thanks, Sylvia

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

In cases with Genotype 1,Pegasys and RBV ,was demostrated to be superior to Peg-Intron/RBV in the sustained response.(The % of cases that remain non detectable 6 months after they stop therapy).Pegasys also is better tolerated as side effects are less frequent.If you have also cirrhosis in the liver biopsy ,Pegasys is also superior.

IMPORTANT- Husband has HCV-we shared needles, but I am negative, how?
false positive for hepatitis c