Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

IMPORTANT- Husband has HCV-we shared needles, but I am negative, how?
Nov 23, 2001

My husband and I are monogamous and we have been clean for over sixx years, but while we were using heroin, we shared needles and all of our works. He became sick with symptoms of chronic HCV, so I went and got tested, but my results came back negative. Is this possible to share needles and still be negative or should I be re-tested? Also, my husband never shared needles before me, he was very safe. I found out that my ex-boyfriend before I married also has HCV, and I shared needles with him. Could I have passed it to my husband and somehow my own body got rid of the virus? I jusr do not know how this could happen- I was positive that I was the one that gave it to him?? Thanks for your reply!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I assume that the test you had was the Hep.C antibody.If this test was negative ,this means that the virus never infected you.You could not have trasmitted it to your husband.Why this could have happened ,even when you had high risk behavior?.First you are lucky.It will depend in many factors,as amount of virus in the inoculum,your body defenses,and the status of the virus.Please do not test your luck further and avoid risk.

Previous
Peg combo plus Amantadine
Next
Pegylated vs. Pegasys

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.