IMPORTANT- Husband has HCV-we shared needles, but I am negative, how?

My husband and I are monogamous and we have been clean for over sixx years, but while we were using heroin, we shared needles and all of our works. He became sick with symptoms of chronic HCV, so I went and got tested, but my results came back negative. Is this possible to share needles and still be negative or should I be re-tested? Also, my husband never shared needles before me, he was very safe. I found out that my ex-boyfriend before I married also has HCV, and I shared needles with him. Could I have passed it to my husband and somehow my own body got rid of the virus? I jusr do not know how this could happen- I was positive that I was the one that gave it to him?? Thanks for your reply!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

I assume that the test you had was the Hep.C antibody.If this test was negative ,this means that the virus never infected you.You could not have trasmitted it to your husband.Why this could have happened ,even when you had high risk behavior?.First you are lucky.It will depend in many factors,as amount of virus in the inoculum,your body defenses,and the status of the virus.Please do not test your luck further and avoid risk.

Peg combo plus Amantadine
Pegylated vs. Pegasys