|pcr for hep c question
Nov 21, 2001
if i was infected with hep c 12 wks ago, would the pcr test be able to trace it?? or is 12 wks too late? thanks.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Yes the PCR test is the only test that can document acute infection.If the test is positive, you will need to wait for 6 months ,to see if your body is able to clear the virusor not ,before a diagnosis of chronic HCV can be done.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.