Working While Undergoing Treatment

Will I be able to work full-time while undergoing Pegasys treatment? Do you think I will be able to keep this a secret from my coworkers and boss?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Overall Pegasys tratment is better tolerated than Rebetron and Peg-Intron.It is my opinion, that how you will tolerate the treatment depend on many factors,and not all are related to the drug itself.My patients do much better when they are very motivated and comitted to the treatment,have the support of their family and friends,and understand clearly all the possible results .The majority of the side effects of therapy can also be improved with other medicines.In that sense, you will also do better if the side effects are treated agressively by your doctor.Anemia and depression will be hard if you are not treated,so be sure that your doctor will support you. Almost all the patients can carry on with their work,you may have some bad days,but those will go away.I have patients that finished the whole treatment and had almost no complaints for 48 weeks. Hope for the best,and deal with the side effects.Consider how happy and relieved you will be if you respond. Good luck.

Maribel, come back, advice please!!
Which is harder to treat?