|Relation between progression and response
Nov 14, 2001
Is there any relation in between grade of liver damage and response to treatment? Thank you
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
There is a loose relationship between fibrosis and response. The higher the fibrosis score , the lower the response. However it is only a very slight effect because even cirrhotics with stage 4 fibrosis can be cured of hepatitis C at only a slightly lower rate. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Kissing Cold Sore
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Sharing A Cigarette
- Risk Of Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.