|Touch possibly HCV body fluid. Your advice please!
Nov 13, 2001
Dear Dr. Dieterich, I touched some blood on a public toilet seat when I cleaned it two months ago. I had a semi-healed cut on my finger and the blood did got on it. You said in one of your replies that "If you treat the acute infection, the cure rate is 100." I have been having very mild pain under my ribcase for 2 weeks. (The pain occurs once every 30-60 minutes a day). Should I go tested? If I am positive, should I begin treatment right away? Your advice please!! Thank you very much for helping! Sincerely, Eibel
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Dear Eibel, Go get tested, but you may have something else! It is not likely you can get it from body fluids. Ask your MD for an ultrasound to see if you have gallstones! Good luck! DTD
Chances of Being Cured of Hep C
Hepatitis in China
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- What Is The Shot You Get For Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.